Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Love you Forever


Author: Robert Munsch
Publishing:  Firefly Books
Number of Pages: Paperback—32 pages
Genre:  Picture Book
Reading Level:  Ages 4-8
Summary: This book is about a little boy who goes starts out as a baby and goes through all the stages of life and eventually becomes a man.  Every night the mom holds him in her arms and sings him a song:  “I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, As long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.”  In the end of the book when the mother is very old in sick the son takes her in his arms and rocks her while he sings the song to her.  And then when the father gets home he goes to his own baby daughter, rocks her back and forth and sings the song to her.

My Reaction to the Book:  I absolutely love this book!  I remember it was my favorite when I was little and I still think that it is so great!  It’s a wonderful book for children to grow up on. 

Potential Problems:  There are not any problems with this book. 

Recommendations:  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone; I love this book!  It’s such a great story about the love that a mother has for her child.

No comments:

Post a Comment